[O] Org-mode c-c a

From: Todd Neufeld
Subject: [O] Org-mode c-c a
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:26:54 -0500

Hi.

I apologize for the very very beginner question, but..
I can't figure out how to get c-c a defined in org-mode.

I am using emacs 24.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.

I believe I have updated the emacs configuration file with
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

Yet, somehow I only get  "c-c a is undefined" when I enter that command.
I have my emacs configuration file in my home folder, not in an emacs buffer.
Not sure if that's right...
Though I think that's not the problem as other commands in the file seem to take effect.

Anyway, any help would be MUCH appreciated, as I'm enthusiastic to get going with org-mode.

So, happy holidays, and many thanks !

todd neufeld