Re: [O] LaTeX export, problem with quotes

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export, problem with quotes
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 06:49:58 -1000

Aloha Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> I'm having a problem with exporting quotes.  I have the #+OPTIONS ':t.
>>
>> This input in the Org mode file:
>>
>> "[l]ater walls ..."
>>
>> produces this in the tex file (open quote wrong, close quote OK):
>> "[l]ater walls ...''
>>
>> I'm expecting this in the tex file:
>> ''[l]ater walls ...''
>
> I fixed it in maint. Thank you for reporting it.

I'm getting the same incorrect result as before with:

Org-mode version 8.2.4 (release_8.2.4-391-g954168 @
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/)

> Nevertheless, there will always be failing cases in smart quote
> detection (see `org-export-smart-quotes-regexps').

I can't comprehend the regular expression(s) there, unfortunately. If it
is the case that there will always be failing cases, and my goal is to
create a stable piece of reproducible research, would you recommend an
approach that sets org-entities-user appropriately at the file-local
level, or something else?

All the best,
Tom

--