Re: [O] Problem with #+BEGIN_SRC shell, and export

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with #+BEGIN_SRC shell, and export
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:10:10 +0000

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:53:34 +0100
Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Perhaps one could add '("shell" . 'sh) to org-src-lang-modes.  That
> > would protect against this particular error.  Whatever solution is
> > adopted should be easily discovered and sidestepped in case anyone
> > actually did want to export code using shell-mode for highlighting.
>
> In this particular case, I don't think adding
>
>   '("shell" . 'sh)
>
> to `org-src-lang-modes' will help, as shell-mode is a mode for
> shell interactions, not just shell editing.  So the user probably
> wanted sh-mode instead.
>
> As for making it easier to discover I don't know, the docstring
> seems complete enough to me.

Also using 'foobar.sh' is deprecated in current-day bash scripting, it
should just be 'foobar'. But one thing is always current, the shebang -
#!/bin/bash. That, or whatever scripting language is being used
bash/dash/zsh/whatever, it will always say '#!/bin/WHATEVER' applicable
to its scripting language.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.4.2
Registered Linux user 561944