Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation

From: Justin Gordon
Subject: Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 08:08:06 -1000

My problem was because I had a line

    (require 'org-publish)

It would be super if there was a way to clearly flag this as an error after an upgrade. Maybe renamed files should have old skeleton files that produce an error indicating the new file name?

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:06:46 +0000 (UTC)
Justin Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:
>

> > John Hendy writes:
> > > Then again, is Worg saying that if `M-x org-version` outputs the
> > > "correct" answer... we're all set and there's nothing to worry
> > > about?
> >
> > The output of org-version is determined essentially by checking for
> > two files from the installation and comparing where they would be
> > loaded from.  This catches the most common problems, but certainly
> > not all.  In particular, it won't see when the load-path has been
> > changed after some parts of Org have already been loaded from
> > someplace else (but org-reload will give a warning for this case).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Achim.
>

> If I byte compile a file, I get this message:
> In org-jekyll-publish-to-html:
> ox-jekyll.el:280:4:Warning: org-publish-org-to called with 5
> arguments, but accepts only 4
>
> This is because my installation is pointing to the emacs default
> version rather than my version  from git. If I do C-h f and look up
> this function, I get pointed to the emacs default version.
>
> However, if I do org-version, I get the proper new version.
>
> However, if I do list-load-path-shadows, I can verify that
> org-publish is not shadowed, and that's probably due to the fact that
> the new file is called ox-publish.
>
> How do I fix this???
>

> I've tried

You’ve tried what? You seem to have cut off in mid-sentence.

I had the same problem on debian testing which I resolved by removing
the debian version and going solely with the one from ELPA, in your
case from git. I'm pretty sure that the git version will be more
up-to-date than your distro version! :)

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.4.2
Registered Linux user 561944

--
Justin Gordon | 808-877-6461 | m: 808-281-7272
www.railsonmaui.com | twitter: @railsonmaui | sugarranchmaui.com | Sugar Ranch Blog