[O] Export each top level heading to separate file

From: Ista Zahn
Subject: [O] Export each top level heading to separate file
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 17:29:02 -0500

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to export each top-level heading to a separate
markdown file. Ideally I would like to have the exported files named
according to the heading. For example I would like this org file

-----------------------------------
* Section one
Section one text
* Section two
** Section two a
Section two text
* Section three
Section three text
-----------------------------------

To generate three files:

--- Section one.md ---
Section one text

-----------------------------------

--- Section two.md---
## Section two a

Section two text

-----------------------------------

--- Section three.md -
# Section three

Section three text

I suspect that the publishing framework might support this, but I've
thus far avoided it because it looks pretty complicated to set up.
Before I dive in I'd like to know if the publishing framework is the
correct place to look for this functionality or if there is an easier
way to do it.

Thanks,
Ista