[O] Org Table Export to Markdown Table Question

From: Aric
Subject: [O] Org Table Export to Markdown Table Question
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 20:41:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am trying to use org-mode now with R code in it to write manuscripts. That
does unfortunately mean that it must be eventually exported to some doc
format. I have been able to export to markdown and everything looks good in
markdown (even previewed on github) with the exception of latex code which is
not converted. However, using pandoc to convert the markdown to docx, the
tables are not converted properly (all a single column).

I realize this is a pandoc problem, but since markdown supports tables, is it
possible to have Org export the tables into markdown as markdown tables
rather than html tables? Also, is there a way for latex code to be converted
prior to markdown export?

Thanks, Aric