[O] Local variables in org files

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: [O] Local variables in org files
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 16:21:36 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to save the result of "M-x debbugs-org" into a file (this is
a TODO list). For further handling, also some buffer local variables
must survive. Therefore, I append at the very end of that file something
like this:

* Local Variables
** Local Variables:
** eval: (debbugs-org-mode 1)
** debbugs-org-ids: (1 2 3)
** End:

This has the nice effect, that those variables do not disturb in
overview mode, because they look like

* Local Variables...

Being invisible would be even better, but so what.

Unfortunately, the value of debbugs-org-ids could be very loooong,
exceeding the 3000 chars limit the "Local Variables:" section size is
allowed to be in Emacs. So I must rearrange things like this:

* Local Variables
** debbugs-org-ids: (1 2 3)
** Local Variables:
** eval: (debbugs-org-mode 1)
** debbugs-org-ids: (access-the-value-above)
** End:

Is there some functionality in org I could use implementing
`access-the-value-above'? It is org structure, so I'm hoping there is an
easy way to access a given node with a well defined position.

Or maybe there is already a clever way storing local variables in an org
file, which I'm not aware of.

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.