Re: [O] Org Export to ODT Problem Files

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Org Export to ODT Problem Files
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:34:56 +0530

Comparison is nice.  Using pandoc to do org->odt is definitely
substandard.

Aric <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you very much for the upgrade notice. The export to ODT from org-mode
> works very well now. There are pluses and minuses it seems between pandoc and
> org export.
>
> Org export ->
>   1. Includes figures and tables
>   2. Includes pretty code mark-up

You can suppress fontification with this variable.

C-h v org-odt-fontify-srcblocks

>   3. Lacks latex code export

Use dvipng or mathtoweb.

1. Dvipng

   Pro: Less problematic
   Con: Uses png images of the formulae.

2. MathToWeb

   Pro: Uses MathML

   Con: MathToWeb is new kid on the block.  May prove to be problematic
   with more complex formulae.

   If ltx->mathml conversion is problematic for some equations, you can
   create "ODF files" (OpenDocumentFormula files created with
   LibreOffice Math) by hand and insert an Org link to them.

>   4. Figure and table references are by section, sort of like old
> fashioned latex.

But tell me what you yourself want here.

I have some ideas on how xrefs can be improved for the section
titles. See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-12/msg00585.html

I would like to hear what things you desire for xrefs to tables, figures
and equations.

You were making some remarks about position of captions...