Re: [O] multi-line citation export issue

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] multi-line citation export issue
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:07:29 +0100

Hello,

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not familiar with export snippets, but I guess from that syntax
> that I will not be able to export with citations to ODT/DOC. Right now
> one org file exports well to both formats.

You can also write the same for odt:

  @@odt:\cite{key}@@

So, in your buffer, it would become:

  @@latex:\cite{key}@@@@odt:\cite{key}@@

And you can avoid the implied repetition with a macro:

  #+MACRO: cite @@latex:\cite{$1}@@@@odt:\cite{$1}@@

and write in your document:

  {{{cite(key)}}}

Note that you will need to escape commas (with backslashed) in key.

This also works for your more complicated example :

  #+MACRO: cite2 @@latex:\cite[$1]{$2}@@@@odt:\cite[$1]{$2}@@

> I will deal with multiple citations by not having spaces, and find
> some other way (rewording?) to deal with the \cite[foo bar]{baz}
> situation. And maybe someone more versed in org source can file this
> as a bug, even if not a priority.

This is not a bug. Parsing any LaTeX macro is way out of Org's league.
Org conveniently support some simple macros, that's all.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou