Re: [O] Citations and references in ODT

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Citations and references in ODT
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:46:42 +0530

Aric Gregson <address@hidden> writes:

> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I find the ODT export very useful. Working on another document imported
>> from LaTeX I have a lot of \citep{} and \citet{} in addition to \cite{}. Is
>> it possible for ox-jabref.el to support this even if it does not
>> distinguish between the T and P?
>
> On a similar note, would it be possible to add support for the markdown
> style of references?
>
> address@hidden; @anotherauthoryear]
>
> I have so many like this across files.

This will be an one-off change, so I am hesitant to consider this.

Side Note:
==========

As far as Org is concerned, Citations are not standardized (i.e., They
are not defined as part of org-syntax [1]).  But, the current practive
is to support \cite[]{ } style of markups using non-core, contrib
modules like ox-bibtex and ox-jabref.

I am interested in considering all suggestions or use-cases that extends
or improves upon the current practice. For example, handling of prenote
and postnote arguments[2, 3].

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html
[2] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/80846
[3] This would require changes to JabRef *.layout files.