Re: [O] colorize html output when batch exporting

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] colorize html output when batch exporting
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:25:07 -0500

On 2014-01-14 08:45, Alan Schmitt wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to batch export a file, and I don't seem to have colorization
working. Reading the documentation a bit, I found this information:

Following these instructions, I set up this variable in the init.el
called upon batch exporting, among other things:

Unfortunately I could not complete the next step (to get a start on the
css file), as `org-html-htmlize-generate-css` results in an error
"face-attribute: Invalid face: font-lock-comment". I tried to toggle
debug on error, but it does nothing.

Are there suggestions on how to generate this css file for a nice
coloring of my code?

Which version of emacs are you using? FWIW, I just had this problem
yesterday (although it choked on a different face) in emacs trunk
(24.4.x). But on my machine @work on (24.3.8) it is working fine.

It seems that htmlize is choking on invalid face definitions.
Somewhere you have a reference to a face "font-lock-comment" which
does not exist (the correct definition in this case is
"font-lock-comment-face"), so if you can find the customization that
refers to "font-lock-comment" and fix it you should be able to
generate the CSS.

rick