Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting with left bracket [8.2.3c (8.2.3c-elpa @ /Users/jdegenhardt/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20131115/)]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:52:24 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess it depends on the definition of /hack/...  I think of it as a
> feature of lists in LaTeX.  Whether this is view extends to org is of
> course open to debate.

I was only talking about Org. The problem there is that a square bracket
at the beginning of an item can prevent you from exporting the document,
which is clearly a bug.

>> Unfortunately, I can't see how to not break your documents if we fix the
>> problem.
>
> If this is considered a problem, and you intend to fix it, then there is
> no way to avoid causing me difficulties.

I'd like to fix it, yes. It will not help you with older documents, but
what do you think about the export snippet exception I suggested?

> Although I would obviously prefer to keep the status quo, as I find
> this "feature" convenient, please don't let the inconvenience to me
> stop you fixing this. It won't take me that long to fix.

I'm open to alternative solutions. Though, I'd like to have a solution
pushed to maint before Emacs release.

>> The problem is not the checkbox but what comes after.
>
> I am not sure what you mean here?

Not much. We want to take action when item's contents start with
a square bracket. But that will not happen if that item already has
a checkbox (in this case, contents first character doesn't mean much).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou