Re: [O] Automatically add a repeater when scheduling

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Automatically add a repeater when scheduling
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:01:16 -0600

Thank you.

 This might be a good feature and I might looking into creating a new version that does this automatically, since I use the current day agenda view as my next actions list, and use it to automatically carry tasks to the following day, so the +1d repeater really keeps things clean for my specific workflow.

The nice thing is that when they are "current", they are put in the right order (as they are defined in the org file in question), but what bugs me is that when they are outdated, they are ordered by the oldest to the newest, it seems.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Does org allow automatically adding a repeater (say, +1d) to a schedule
> when adding it with C-c C-s?

No -- at least, not yet:

  ╭────
  │ C-c C-s runs the command org-schedule, which is an interactive Lisp function in
  │ `org.el'.
  │
  │ It is bound to C-c C-s, <menu-bar> <Org> <Dates and Scheduling> <Schedule
  │ Item>.
  │
  │ (org-schedule ARG &optional TIME)
  │
  │ Insert the SCHEDULED: string with a timestamp to schedule a TODO item.
  │ With one universal prefix argument, remove any scheduling date from the item.
  │ With two universal prefix arguments, prompt for a delay cookie.
  │ With argument TIME, scheduled at the corresponding date.  TIME can
  │ either be an Org date like "2011-07-24" or a delta like "+2d".
  ╰────

You see that C-c C-s is already pretty loaded (with up to two universal
arguments foreseen...).

> If not, I think it wouldn't be so hard to monkeypatch the method to do so,
> would it?

Best regards,
  Seb

--