[O] Slight misbehaviour with `C-x r t' in Org

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Slight misbehaviour with `C-x r t' in Org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:25:07 -0500

Hi, Org people.

I hope you're all doing fine, and wish you much enjoy this new year! :-)

Let me report a little strange behaviour I observed a few times.  Here
is the textual content of an Org file:

* Trying
=b=
*c*
/d/

It is displayed like this, with org-hide-emphasis-markers to nil:

,----
| * Trying         blue
|   a              normal
|   =b=            grey
|   *c*            bold
|   /d/            italics
`----

But, as I keep org-hide-emphasis-markers to t, what I see is:

,----
| * Trying         blue
|   a              normal
|   b              grey
|   c              bold
|   d              italics
`----

Now, in this mode, if I put the mark on the `a' letter and the point on
the `d' letter, and type `C-x r t SPC SPC RET', I then see:

,----
| * Trying         blue
|     a            normal
|   =  b=          normal
| *  c*            blue
|   /  d/          normal
`----

So, the spaces are inserted after the opening marker, while I would have
expected to see them inserted before it.  My actual examples are of
course bigger than the toy example above, but even then, this is easily
corrected with some light edition.  But yet, I find it inconvenient
having to always revise text after shifting it (I often use `C-x r t'),
in case of inline markup randomly happening at the beginning of a line.

François