Re: [O] Question about the math mode table exporting for latex and html

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Question about the math mode table exporting for latex and html
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:40:25 +0100

Hi,

>> Perhaps something like the following would be OK?  Nicholas?
>>
>> #+ATTR_HTML: :mode latex
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :mode math :environment pmatrix :math-prefix \mathbf{H}=
>> | \vdots | 0 | \vdots |
>> | \vdots | H | \vdots |
>> | \vdots | 0 | \vdots |
>>
>> This would tell ox-html.el to transcode the table via ox-latex-tabel
>> and feed the string via org-html-format-latex (assuming latex-frag is
>> a string).
>
> FWIW, I think it's worth trying. I'm Cc'ing Rick Frankel for his
> opinion.
>
>> Of course ox-html could also check out ATTR_LATEX but this
>> would lead to a spurious solution since LaTeX ≠ HTML IMO.
>
> I agree.
>
>> Nicholas, if you want I can look into this.
>
> Certainly. Thank you.

I have attached a rough proof-of-concept that will export the above
table correctly with mathjax.  But I guess it will also have to handle
it correctly in the case of static png images.

I'm not sure how to handle captions.  I guess the most natural way is
to let org-latex-table handle is.  Let me know if something like this
is OK in which case I can polish it up and add documentation.

–Rasmus

--
. . . It begins of course with The Internet.  A Net of Peers.