Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:05:57 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> So, the in-core exporters don't need to
> be discovered, but the contrib exporters all need their own ELPA
> package?

You state it very well.

In-core exporters are what people expect to be included in Emacs,
easily activated without downloading and installing any new library.

The contributed exporters are those that you would find by using
M-x list-packages RET after adding Org ELPA.

IIUC your suggestion is to keep contrib/ for things that are good
candidates for core, and to remove non-candidate libraries.

My suggestion is to get rid of the contrib/ directory and to have
a separate Git repository with libraries available from Org ELPA.

This Git repository will receive more attention that sparse code
on repositories on the World Wild Web.

> I understand that you want the repo split, I just don't understand
> what for.

To comply with the way people do use M-x list-packages RET today.

--
 Bastien