Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 02:12:26 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So, the in-core exporters don't need to
>> be discovered, but the contrib exporters all need their own ELPA
>> package?
>
> You state it very well.
>
> In-core exporters are what people expect to be included in Emacs,
> easily activated without downloading and installing any new library.
>
> The contributed exporters are those that you would find by using
> M-x list-packages RET after adding Org ELPA.
>
> IIUC your suggestion is to keep contrib/ for things that are good
> candidates for core, and to remove non-candidate libraries.
>
> My suggestion is to get rid of the contrib/ directory and to have
> a separate Git repository with libraries available from Org ELPA.
>
> This Git repository will receive more attention that sparse code
> on repositories on the World Wild Web.
>
>> I understand that you want the repo split, I just don't understand
>> what for.
>
> To comply with the way people do use M-x list-packages RET today.

I don't have strong opinions on this, but I like the "batteries
included" way that Org is distributed at the moment, i.e. with contrib
under Org.

ATM ELPA contains little info about packages and often I need to track
down some git repo to read more about the package before installing.

–Rasmus

--
El Rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al Rey!