Re: [O] How to write medical journal articles with org-mode

From: Aric
Subject: Re: [O] How to write medical journal articles with org-mode
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 06:50:20 +0000 (UTC)

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> regcl <regcl <at> channing.harvard.edu> writes:
>
> > org > latex > pandoc > docx ?
>
> Too many moving parts.

I agree. I tried this with a relatively simple export, albeit with tables and
figures and references,  and pandoc choked on the latex and I was not
able to figure out what the problem was.

> Pick a workflow that has minimum dependencies - even if that means
> throwing Emacs out the Windows.

For collaboration it is actually easier to do just that. Keep all of your R
files and latex files in the directory and pound out the draft in odt/doc.

Now trying org as a 'master' document to hold the latex (only tikz, no
other reason to use at this point) and R code.  I can easily produce draft
documents in odt -> doc for collaborators. The challenge will be the
references on a unix computer. For mac and windows I don't think it is
a problem at that point.

A 'more mature' markdown exporter would help for medical writing.

Aric