[O] bug in 8.2.5f for using tables as data in python?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] bug in 8.2.5f for using tables as data in python?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:33:16 -0500

Hi all,

I am having a problem in 8.2.5 using a table as a data source for a python block. I get this particular error: org-babel-python-var-to-python: Wrong type argument: stringp, 1
It seems to be that the 1 is not a string, but a number.

Here is what I have to reproduce the problem. the table works fine for an emacs-lisp block.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
(org-version)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 8.2.5f

#+BEGIN_SRC python
print 6
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 6

#+tblname: data
| a | b |
|---+---|
| 1 | 2 |
| 3 | 4 |
| 5 | 6 |

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var tt=data
(princ tt)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: ((1 2) (3 4) (5 6))

#+BEGIN_SRC python :var tt=data
print tt
#+END_SRC

executing Python code block...
org-babel-python-var-to-python: Wrong type argument: stringp, 1

Does anyone else see this?

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor