Re: [O] Moving checkbox item to end of list when checked

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: [O] Moving checkbox item to end of list when checked
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:12:34 +0100

2014/1/22 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
>> but I would like to get:
>> * Actions
>>   - [ ] B
>>   - [ ] C
>>   - [X] A
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> `C-c ^ x' to sort the list by checkbox status.
>
> But this is an additional step after ticking the checkbox.
>
>> If not I could write an alias for it I think. Is there a command for
>> going to the end of the list?
>
> Not a command, but an internal function you can explore:
> `org-list-get-list-end'.

I think that the higher-level function `org-list-send-item' would be
useful too:

  (org-list-send-item (line-beginning-position) 'end (org-list-struct))

In a simple case this does exactly what I want. I have to check what happens if it is several layers deep, but it looks certainly very promising. Thanks.

--
Cecil Westerhof