Re: [O] [BUG] org-timestamp-change does not respect argument 'n' for min

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] org-timestamp-change does not respect argument 'n' for minutes
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:32:56 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2. M-: (org-timestamp-up 3)
>>
>> results in:
>>
>> ,------------------------------
>> | ** Cafe <2014-01-23 Do 19:35>
>> `------------------------------
>>
>> 3. cross-check that the other units work by repeating 1 and 2 with
>>    point on hour, month etc.
>
> Yes, because it depends on `org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes'.

Yes, but:

,---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is (1 1)
|
| Original value was (0 5)
|
| Documentation:
| Number of minutes to round time stamps to.
| These are two values, the first applies when first creating a time stamp.
| The second applies when changing it with the commands `S-up' and `S-down'.
| When changing the time stamp, this means that it will change in steps
| of N minutes, as given by the second value.
|
| When a setting is 0 or 1, insert the time unmodified.  [...]
`---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I understand this correctly,

,-------------------------
| M-: (org-timestamp-up 3)
`-------------------------

should change minutes

 - up 3 units when valus is (1 1)
 - up 15 units when valus is (0 5)

?

But maybe I don't understand this correctly, its not so important
anyway, so if you think it works as intended just forget about this
'noise'.

--
cheers,
Thorsten