Re: [O] ox-md conforming pandoc-markdown

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] ox-md conforming pandoc-markdown
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 22:13:51 -0800

Hi Michel,

At Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:00:01 +0100,
Michel Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hi,
> I often convert files with `pandoc`. Currently there is no
> pandoc-org-mode-reader, so I'm using markdown as an intermediate step.
>
> I'm aware of <https://github.com/robtillotson/org-pandoc.git>; this
> also uses `ox-md`, so the issue applies also there.
>
> I found these issues inconvenient:
>
> - Listings create blank-lines in between
>     + Currently
>                         - uno
>        - uno
>        - dos    ->      - dos
>        - tres
>                         - tres
>     + Desired
>        - uno            - uno
>        - dos    ->      - dos
>        - tres           - tres

This seems easy enough to fix, we simply need to add:

  (org-element-put-property item :post-blank nil)

to the org-md-item function. Can anybody tell me if this is a bad
idea? Otherwise I will send a patch.

> - customisable meta-data export (currently nothing exported) of, say,
>
> […]
>         * pandoc header
>
>             % myTitle
>             % meMyself
>             % 2014-01-21

Basic support for this is in the org-pandoc project, which bases its
export on ox-md but adds some additional features.

I’d like to expand org-pandoc to support more pandoc features,
including those you mention. I just pushed up a (very rudimentary)
change to my fork of this project to support proper table export for
pandoc as well.

  https://github.com/egh/org-pandoc

best, Erik
--