Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:29:11 -1000

Aloha all,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dunno what that means.  It's not a criminal offense, no.
>
> Let me quote the manual again:
>
>   * Sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by any other punctuation
>     character are allocated for minor modes.  Using them in a major
>     mode is not absolutely prohibited, but if you do that, the major
>     mode binding may be shadowed from time to time by minor modes.
>
> That's pretty clear to me.
>
>> _You_ suggested (above) that this should be reported as an
>> Emacs bug.  But you also don't want to push for it to be
>> fixed or report it, yourself.  So be it.
>
> I suggested that *you* report it as a bug if you think it's a bug.
> I don't think it is, it's that simple.

I just checked the Org mode manual and found that it has several entries
that consist of `C-c' followed by a punctuation character.

In my quick check (at the boarding gate for an airline flight) I didn't
find a note that these sequences might properly be shadowed by a minor
mode.

Perhaps a note in the manual would be useful?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye