[O] LaTeX export: list with non-optional argument

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] LaTeX export: list with non-optional argument
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:35:16 +0100

Hi all,

How can a pass a non-optional argument to a special list in LaTeX
export?

The 'currvita' LaTeX package comes with the environment 'cvlist'.  This
cvlist is to be used like this:

\begin{cvlist}{Personal Information}
  \item[Date of Birth] 01.01.2014
  \item[Place of Birth] Berlin
  \item[Nationality] German
\end{cvlist}

So, it has the title of the list as argument.  How would I create such
list from Org mode?

For that case it seems to be a little inconvenient that Org does
surround any given :options with '[ ... ]' automatically, because the
closest I get with a pure Org mode solution is

\begin{cvlist}[{Personal Information}]
\item [Date of Birth]  01.01.2014
\item [Place of Birth] Berlin
\item [Nationality]    German
\end{cvlist}

produced by this Org snippet:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment cvlist :options {Personal Information}
- [Date of Birth]  01.01.2014
- [Place of Birth] Berlin
- [Nationality]    German

Well, I am aware of two obvious solutions:
1. just include the LaTeX code (inside #+begin_latex ... #+end_latex)
2. define my own environment 'mycvlist' that translates between Org and
   'cvlist' and that takes the title as optional argument:
   \newenvironment{mycvlist}[1][]{\begin{cvlist}{#1}}{\end{cvlist}}

And I will happily go with the second solution.  Just wanted to ask,
whether that definition of mycvlist is necessary or whether I miss
something here.

Regards,
Andreas