[O] Error in org-agenda-get-deadlines

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] Error in org-agenda-get-deadlines
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:41:27 +0100

Hi List,

this is probably not a bug but rather a problem with my configuration
(since nobody else complained about it so far).

When calling the agenda with 'C-a a' I get the following error

,----------------------------------------------------------------
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
|   re-search-forward(nil nil t)...
|   org-agenda-get-deadlines()...
|   org-agenda-get-day-entries("/home...")
|   org-agenda-list(nil) ...
|   org-agenda(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-agenda nil nil)
`----------------------------------------------------------------

and an empty agenda buffer. Debugging reveals that in the following
function 'regexp' is nil because both 'org-deadline-time-hour-regexp'
and 'org-deadline-time-regexp'are nil, causing the error later on in the
re-search-forward call:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------
| (defun org-agenda-get-deadlines (&optional with-hour)
|   "Return the deadline information for agenda display.
| When WITH-HOUR is non-nil, only return deadlines with an hour
| specification like [h]h:mm."
|   (let* ([...]
|          (regexp (if with-hour
|                      org-deadline-time-hour-regexp
|                    org-deadline-time-regexp)) ; => nil
|                    [...] )
|     (goto-char (point-min))
|     (while (re-search-forward regexp nil t) [...]) ; => error
|     ...))

I wonder why these variables, defined in org.el, are nil? I don't seem
to set them anywhere, and they should be defined once org.el is loaded,
shouldn't they?

--
cheers,
Thorsten