Re: [O] Error in org-agenda-get-deadlines

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Error in org-agenda-get-deadlines
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:43:21 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> I can't reproduce this, maybe you can bissect your config
>> and see what's wrong there?
>
> Ok, thanks, I did that and as I thought the problem was in my init file:
>
> ,--------------------------------------------------------------
> | (setq org-todo-keywords
> |       (quote ((sequence "TODO(t)" "NEXT(n)" "|" "DONE(d!/!)")
> |               (sequence ; <= undefined
> |                (concat
> |                 "WAITING(w@/!)" "HOLD(h@/!)"
> |                 "|" "CANCELLED(c@/!)" "PHONE")))))
> `--------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I had that in my old init-file, but have no idea where that `sequence'
> function was defined - somehow it worked.

Now I had a look at 'org-todo-keywords' and found the real culprit:

,------------------------------------------------------------------------
| org-todo-keywords is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is
| ((sequence "TODO(t)" "NEXT(n)" "|" "DONE(d!/!)")
|  (sequence "WAITING(w@/!)" "HOLD(h@/!)" "|" "CANCELLED(c@/!)" "PHONE"))
|
| Original value was
| ((sequence "TODO" "DONE"))
|

| Documentation:
| List of TODO entry keyword sequences and their interpretation.
| This is a list of sequences.
|
| Each sequence starts with a symbol, either `sequence' or `type',

It was ok or even required to start each sequence of keyword with symbol
'sequence, but using function `concat' in the sequence definition caused
the error.

--
cheers,
Thorsten