Re: [O] Feature Request: Allow Tangling Named INCLUDEs

From: Nick Daly
Subject: Re: [O] Feature Request: Allow Tangling Named INCLUDEs
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:44:43 -0600

Hi Bastien,

Bastien writes:
> I'm not the one who would undertake this, so my opinion on this should
> not matter much... but I think #+INCLUDE is well suited for exporting,
> not for tangling.  I'm not able to say why, this is just an intuition.

It seems to me like it's trying to unify exporting and tangling: this
emphasizes that tangling is just another (very specific plain-text) form
of exporting.  Using Eric's function for exporting allows me to remove
lots of boilerplate code from the source org file and keep the org
source better focused on the code's function and structure.

Sure it's weird, but it sure is handy.

Nick