Re: [O] Which `odt-content' variable should I use? Why are there two?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Which `odt-content' variable should I use? Why are there two?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:32:10 +0100

Hi Brady,

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> I was browsing the customize group org-export-odt.
>
> I found two variables that seem to do the same thing.
>
> In org-odt.el, we have
>   org-export-odt-content-template-file
>
> while in ox-odt.el, we have
>   org-odt-content-template-file
>
> Do I need to worry about this. Will org-export check both locations, or will
> one take precedence somehow? (As in, if one is `nil', will it more or less
> have no effect on the other?)

Your Emacs comes with an old Org version, while you are using another
one, either as a package or from a directory.

You don't need to worry about this is M-x org-version RET shows that
you are using Org > 8.

> I imagine I could do some print variable testing to discover on my own, but
> also wanted to see if comments would be enlightening to my understanding in
> general.

What might be confusing is that options generally use the same prefix
than the package they belong to: (require 'my-package-*) will load new
options with a prefix like my-package-*.

In Org, the export packages start as ox-* since 8.0, but the options
they define start with org-export-* and not ox-*.  Using org-export-*
as the prefix for all Org export packages felt too much.

HTH,

--
 Bastien