Re: [O] Naming a table produced by a CALL

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Naming a table produced by a CALL
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:01:12 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Loris,
>
> "Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

>> This seems to break if I then try to reference the results of the call:
>>
>> #+NAME: test
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
>> echo a b c
>> echo 1 2 3
>> echo 4 5 6
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+NAME: call-test
>> #+CALL: test() :results table :colnames yes
>> #+RESULT: call-test
>> | a | b | c |
>> |---+---+---|
>> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
>> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>>
>> #+NAME: r-test
>> #+HEADER: :var data=call-test
>
> I'd expect this to be call-test()
>                                ^^
> But it works for me with both call-test and call-test().
>
>> #+HEADER: :colnames yes
>> #+BEGIN_SRC R
>> data
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULT: r-test
>> | x   |
>> |-----|
>> | nil |
>>
>> Is it perhaps not clear whether "call-test" refers to the result or the
>> call?  Or is my config broken?  I'm using version
>>
>> 8.2.5g (8.2.5g-7-gb2dce8-elpaplus).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Loris
>>

> quick test on my setup with Org-mode version 8.2.4
> (release_8.2.4-332-g7059d3):
>
> #+NAME: test
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> echo a b c
> echo 1 2 3
> echo 4 5 6
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+results: test
> | a | b | c |
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>
> #+NAME: call-test
> #+CALL: test() :results table :colnames yes
>
> #+results: call-test
> | a | b | c |
> |---+---+---|
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>

> #+NAME: r-test
> #+HEADER: :var data=call-test
> #+HEADER: :colnames yes
> #+BEGIN_SRC R
> data
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+results: r-test
> | a | b | c |
> |---+---+---|
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>
> Are you sure about your '#+RESULT' ?
>
> The default value for org-babel-results-keyword seems to be 'RESULTS'
> with an 'S'.
>
> (I have customized that to be lower case 'results'.)

Yes, thanks, you're right.  I must have set that to RESULT by accident
after having changed it.  That has fixed another problem I was having,
namely the result block was not being replaced on re-evaluation of the
block, but a new one was created instead.

However, I've still got the original problem that the

#+RESULTS: r-test
| x   |
|-----|
| nil |

whether I  do

#+HEADER: :var data=call-test

or

#+HEADER: :var data=call-test()

If I comment out the line

#+NAME: call-test

it works and I get

#+RESULTS: r-test
| a | b | c |
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| 4 | 5 | 6 |

So I guess my config must be borked in some other way as well.

Cheers,

Loris