Re: [O] Exporting text

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting text
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:37:16 -0500

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 05:09:02PM -0500, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Why were you using org-article in the first place? Was it supposed to
> help with the font choices? Bear in mind that I know nothing about
> org-article.

I found org-article when trying to find out how to control fonts,
etc. Basically, I have my own LaTeX template I use when
hand-constructing documents, and I was hoping to be able to use those
same settings when org creates a LaTeX document for me. I thought
org-article would give me that degree of control, but it probably
hasn't been updated since some prior version of org (based on the
variable names), and so is probably broken.

> So you have a choice to make: either fix org-article and continue using
> it or throw it away and find some other way to do what you want.
>
> For example, all you have to do to get Times is
>
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{times}
>
> Getting finer control should also be possible using basic latex
> techniques. Whether that's a "better" way to go is of course
> debatable: it depends on a lot of variables.

Since most of these settings I'll want to use in *all* my documents,
putting all the parameters in each org file would be pretty
tedious. I'll keep looking for a more elegant solution. I'll be happy
to post here when I find something (that works!)

Thank you!

-pd

--
----