[O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:05:48 -0600

Greetings,

I use R quite a bit, and ran into a new exporter sometime last year called Slidify:
http://slidify.org/start.html

Would anyone be able to suggest a good starting place for creating a possible backend exporter for this? RStudio allows this pretty easily, but I really like my prose/code in Orgmode format and working within Emacs. Plus, it allows the obvious benefit of exporting to Beamer or Slidify at will (perhaps with some tweaks).

I planned to look at the existing non-Beamer libraries for reference, but thought it wouldn't hurt to inquire about potential pitfalls based in how Slidify works:
- initializes a git repo with some css/other folders
- creates an index.Rmd file (markdown, which one edits to create presentation)
- spits out an index.html file when you run `slidify("index.Rmd")`

I think the folders in the presentation directory could be initialized and then Org syntax could be converted to R markdown, followed by running the slidify command to compile, but am not sure.

I'm coming from ~zero elisp experience but think this would be a neat hobby project if I could pull it off.

Thanks for any input,
John