Re: [O] Code block option :results raw does not replace #+RESULTS

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Code block option :results raw does not replace #+RESULTS
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:54:05 -0600

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Soapy Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> Here is an example Python code block:
>
> #+begin_src python :results value raw
>  a = (1, 2, 3, 4)
>  return a
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS:
> (1, 2, 3, 4)
>
> The #+RESULT block above is after 2 evaluations.
> The default behavior of "replace" is not happening.  The result "stack"
> will continue to grow with additional evaluations.

I was going to suggest using a #+name line above #+begin_src... but
with :results value raw, I was getting the same behavior.

With :results output, it works properly when I replace =return a= with
=print(a)=. Does =output= not work for you, requiring =value raw= (at
least thinking it could help you in the immediate future). Someone
else will need to chime in on the behavior of =value raw=

#+begin_src python :results output
a = (1, 2, 3, 4)
print(a)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: (1, 2, 3, 4)

I can C-c C-c on that block repeatedly and it does not grow.

John

John