Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 11:20:51 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Would it be possible to have filling of captions?
>
> I guess so.

Thanks for the good news!  Now I am waiting for christmas ;-)

>> Ideally that would mean at least two things: auto-fill and M-q
>> working on long captions.
>
> Yes.
>
> Could you list other options that are good candidates for such
> auto-filling fonctionality?  We'd better implement them all at
> once.

Do you mean (1) other places in org files (other than #+caption) or
(2) other functionality that should be supported at #+caption filling?

If (2) than the only other functionality that comes to my mind is M-^
(delete-indentation), which could remove the #+caption on joining with
the previous line.

If (1) than I can't think of anything too obvious.  Other candidates
such as '#+header[s]:' or '#+latex_header[_extra]:' might benefit from
some level of additional support, but autofill is not suitable here.

Regards,
Andreas