Re: [O] Latex Export Difficulties

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Latex Export Difficulties
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:29:10 +0000

Samuel Schaumburg <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> What I learned from my research is that the line has to look like this,
> so that I can compile:
>
> \section{Some Headline \protect\footnote{S. 45}}
>
> This case is quite typicall for me and leads to often manually reworking
> the tex buffer for quite a while, which is not very convenient.
>
> Is there any way I can set up the org latex export to do this
> automatically. Would greatly help my workflow. I am quite a newbie to
> emacs-lisp, so I cannot think of how to do this. Maybe someone can help
> me here

Not an org solution per se but you could redefine \footnote to do what
you want.  The example below/attached seems to work.  I have no idea if
it breaks the usage of footnote in other places, mind you.

* Testing redefinition of footnote
#+latex: \let\origfootnote\footnote
#+latex: \renewcommand{\footnote}{\protect\origfootnote}
** Subheading [fn:1: Which has a very interesting footnote]
This is some really boring text because all the interesting stuff is in the
footnote.
HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.5h-585-g5f0ca0