Re: [O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 19:26:42 -0600

An interesting update on this. Aside from some image and code block
stuff, the following works surprisingly well!
- Export Org -> markdown (md)
- Start an R session and `setwd("/path/to/file.md")`
- Run `library(slidify)` and `author("deck")
- Copy the deck/assets folder into the parent directory
- Copy the header code from the resultant deck/index.Rmd file into
exported .md file
- Add three hyphens before each heading (headings are # Slide title)
- Save the file as file.Rmd (vs. file.md)
- From the R session, do `setwd("../")` (running `author("deck")`
changes the working directory to deck/
- Run `slidify("file.Rmd")`

I was coming from Beamer, so all of my generated plots are .pdfs. I
plan to create a new directory and use imagemagic to convert them all
to png or jpg, and then modify my original .org file tailored for
Beamer to use the images vs. pdfs, as well as adding #+attr_html
headings instead of the existent #+attr_latex ones in my current file.

I'll post a test file and the process if anyone is interested in replicating!

It seems that src blocks aren't *always* detected properly in the .md
file, so I need to figure out what's happening there.

I think I should be able to do a pretty easy replace-regexp to replace
[^#] (beginning of line followed by #, indicating a header) with [---
[RET] [RET] #] to automatically populate the slide divisions.

If any rough spots could be identified and tweaked, the current .md
exporter might work brilliantly to create a .Rmd file compatible with
slidify if it's of interest to folks. The boilerplate slidify text at
the beginning is simple enough to populate, and some variables could
set the framework, (io2012, deckjs, etc.), title, author, etc.

Best regards,
John