Re: [O] [RFC] Proposal for rebindings in Org 8.3

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Proposal for rebindings in Org 8.3
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:55:27 +0100

Hi Bastien

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> | C-c # | Checkboxes                        | C-c x            | Free   |

I did not know "C-c #" (org-update-statistics-cookies) because for me
it is easier to remember and therefore I always used this: Go to
cookie and do "C-c C-c". And "C-c x" does not comply with the Elisp
manual:

    Don't define C-c letter as a key in Lisp programs. Sequences
    consisting of C-c and a letter (either upper or lower case) are
    reserved for users; they are the only sequences reserved for
    users, so do not block them.

    Changing all the Emacs major modes to respect this convention was
    a lot of work; abandoning this convention would make that work go
    to waste, and inconvenience users. Please comply with it.

With these two reasons my suggestion is to just drop the binding for
(org-update-statistics-cookies).

Michael