Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:28:39 +0100

>> That's different: supporting as many programming languages is a core
>> feature of Babel, while supporting as many export target as possible
>> should not be a core feature of Emacs IMO, it should stay as a nice
>> facility of the Org ecosystem.
>>
>> The second part of the paragraph above ("while...") is where I'd be
>> interested to hear about what Emacs core maintainers think.
>
> Sorry, I cannot understand this argument, since the target is a "tex"
> file, and we already export to "tex" files.

Did we ask about ox-beamer?  If we support the creation of slides why
not letters?  Both are "representations" of LaTeX and extensions of
ox-latex.el.

>> If you're fine with this, I'll raise the topic on both emacs-devel
>> and this list.
>
> I suggested this idea because I thought it was a good one. The very fact
> that we're still discussing it proves that it isn't as obvious as
> I initially thought. That's fine with me.

Based on "google" search, the Worg page for the exporter has some
attention.

   https://startpage.com/do/search?query=koma-script+letter

My — biased — opinion is that ox-koma-letter provides a nice way of
typesetting and structuring letters (compared to the raw tex format),
e.g. here:

   http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html#sec-1-3

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=worg.git;a=blob_plain;f=images/ox-koma-letter/koma-letter-new-example.pdf

—Rasmus