[O] bug#5753: something, something, org-mode, shift-select, something

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: [O] bug#5753: something, something, org-mode, shift-select, something
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 12:08:24 +0100

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:25 AM, N. Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
that has been posted to gnu.emacs.bug as well.

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Shift-select in cua-mode does not work in org-mode although
>> org-replace-disputed-keys is t, org-disputed-keys are set for shift
>> arrow keys and org-support-shift-select is always
>
> Is this problem still present in Emacs 24.3?

Naturally I can't answer for the OP (and I don't know about disputed
keys) but I can report that in general this problem persists in Emacs
24.3.

Thanks Jason. I can't test now myself.

I think this problem illustrates very well why cua-mode must be made a first class citizen in Emacs. Without that problems like this are showing up for beginners.

Oh, sorry. I mean Jackson, of course.