Re: [O] Emacs Mac Port

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs Mac Port
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:42:50 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:26:42PM -0600, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> If you are on a Mac, you *should* start using this:
>
> https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port
>
> I've been having some serious issues with the vanilla Cocoa Emacs lately on
> Mavericks, including a nasty memory leak that would somehow trigger distnoted
> and put the CPU usage
> at 100% every hour or so.
>
> Besides being quite stable, it has some nice usability improvements made
> specifically to make Emacs integrate better with OSX. My orgmode experience
> has been much better since
> I started using it!
>
> Thought I'd share :)

Wow! Thanks, Marcelo. If this is indeed the cause of the performance
problems I've been seeing, this will save me many agonizing hours. I
never suspected emacs in these problems, but I've certainly seen
distnoted turn into a complete CPU hog. I have emacs running all the
time, so if that's the cause, this will be a huge relief.

Thanks!

-pd

--
----