Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:20:55 +0100

Hello,

Yasushi SHOJI <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos wrote:
>>
>> I think it's a code bug: ~verbatim~ is the precedent-setting latex
>> convention.
>>
>> However fixing it might break existing documents (although in many
>> instances code and verbatim are treated equivalently, so that might
>> not be much of a problem).
>
> A quick grep on export back-ends reveals that some back-ends uses them
> differently. Namely
>
>  - latex
>  - man
>  - org ;-)
>  - texinfo
>
> Should I just leave as-is?

If we leave it as-is, documentation needs to be updated anyway.

If we do change them, it should only happen in "org-element.el". I don't
think that would break existing documents, as code and verbatim are
really close to each other.

I don't care either way. Though, I lean towards the first option, as
I like "=" as verbatim (which may be the source of the initial
confusion).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou