Re: [O] Header in column view?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Header in column view?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:39:22 -0500

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> is it possible to get the header into the column view of org, as it is
> replaced by the columns (which is nice, but in my case I would like to
> be able to have it in the column view)?

I don't know much about column view, which might explain why I don't
understand your question. But you might want to add some detail, maybe
even an example. The best I can do right now is that you want the
heading (the %ITEM) to precede the corresponding row in the table.

E.g. in the following org file

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %FOO %BAR
* H1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :FOO:      foo
  :BAR:      bar
  :END:

* H2
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BAR:      bar2
  :FOO:      foo2
  :END:

* Capture

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id global
| ITEM          | FOO  | BAR  |
|---------------+------+------|
| * H1          | foo  | bar  |
|---------------+------+------|
| * H2          | foo2 | bar2 |
|---------------+------+------|
| * Capture     |      |      |
#+END:

do you want the table to appear like this?

| ITEM          | FOO  | BAR  |
* H1
| * H1          | foo  | bar  |
*H2