Re: [O] org-agenda-do-date-late and emacs freeze

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-do-date-late and emacs freeze
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:09:24 -0500

Igor Sosa Mayor <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to debug what is happening after pressing some key
> combination.
>
> I have the problem that in the agenda view when I press M-+ to run the
> function org-agenda-do-date-late, sometimes (and this is the problme: it
> happens randomly, not always), emacs gets freezed and I have to press
> C-g to cancel. Interestingly when I press C-g I see the date on the
> right side updated and everything continues working OK...
>
> Many thanks in advance!

(setq debug-on-quit t)

You will get backtraces every time that you press C-g even for unrelated
reasons (you can just press q in the backtrace buffer to continue), but at least
you'll get one also when the problem happens.

I assume that "emacs freezes" means that it is using lots of CPU (which
you can test independently by using "top" on linux, or something similar
on other OSes).

--
Nick