Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:48:26 -0500

Olivier Schwander <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 21 Feb 2014 16:43, Rasmus a écrit:
>> So what do I do after installing it? I get a new button but nothing
>> happens when I click it.
>
> Do you have emacs server and org-protocol enabled ? Something like this
> in your .emacs:
>
> (server-start)
> (require 'org-protocol)
>
> If not, you should add these two lines and maybe have a look on worg:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html
>
> You can also test manually in a shell with:
>
>  emacsclient org-protocol://capture://example.com/Example/
>
> (It is exactly what does the add-on)

My emacsclient is is /usr/local/bin - I changed that in the addon's
preferences panel.The command line invocation works fine for me -
the button in FF (26.0 fwiw) does not: nothing happens. I uninstalled
and reinstalled the addon a couple of times, restarted FF: no go.
Is there a way to debug the FF end of the equation?

Nick