Re: [O] Writing your book with orgmode and publishing it on Leanpub

From: Waldemar Quevedo
Subject: Re: [O] Writing your book with orgmode and publishing it on Leanpub
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:08:16 +0900

Sebastien,

> For me, an annoying problem is that the Org #+TITLE is treated as
> a simple text, and not outputted as an headline.
> So, if we want an headline on GitHub, we need to create a unique level-1
> heading, which will be shown as the most important section, hence the
> "title". Then, under that, we can have many level-2 sections.

Ok, I will revisit this part of the output from the parser and change it in the next release
so that Github can also pick it up (issue here: https://github.com/wallyqs/org-ruby/issues/3)

Thanks,

- Wally

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Waldemar,

Waldemar Quevedo wrote:
>> It is rather annoying that github understands the org syntax but not
>> quite, so the sources appear almost but not quite right.
>
> I maintain the parser that is being by Github =>
> https://github.com/wallyqs/org-ruby
> If you let me now the issues I can try to fix them, (or PRs are also
> welcome)....

For me, an annoying problem is that the Org #+TITLE is treated as
a simple text, and not outputted as an headline.

So, if we want an headline on GitHub, we need to create a unique level-1
heading, which will be shown as the most important section, hence the
"title". Then, under that, we can have many level-2 sections.

That feature makes it impossible to get the same design for Org
documents both as PDF, HTML or GitHub presentation page.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban