Re: [O] List of figures

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] List of figures
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:50:22 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I can imagine that a list of figures is a difficult problem in some
> other back-ends.  However, its absence in LaTeX export seems unusual.

Org doesn't cover all LaTeX facilities. There are #+LATEX:
and #+BEGIN_LATEX...#+END_LATEX to fill the gap.

> Would it make sense to have this work as expected for LaTeX export (and
> perhaps other back-ends where it does make sense)

We can start to discuss what a good implementation could be for major
back-ends. But implementing it for LaTeX only is, IMO, not worth the
trouble:

  #+toc: figures

vs.

  #+latex: \listoffigures

> and have other back-ends insert a comment?

Comments do not always make sense (e.g. ascii).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou