Re: [O] link interfering with brackets when abbreviated

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] link interfering with brackets when abbreviated
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:22:07 +0100

Hi Nicolas

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't understand. Using C-c C-o on "1" "2" or "3" will not open any
> link since point is not on a link anyway. So you will consistently get
> "No link found".

Aha, now as I see that you removed the following from the docstring of
org-open-at-point I start to get it:

    If there is no link at point, this function will search forward up
    to the end of the current line.

Before I found it _very_ useful that after I navigated to the right
line at last, I didn't have to navigate further within this line. That
the position of point within a line with an Org list item matters for
structure editing I can follow. But for org-open-at-point I do not yet
understand this requirement. What is the benefit of removing the
search on the same line?

Michael