Re: [O] MobileOrg

From: Sean Escriva
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:20:43 -0800

Hi David,

Yes, the maintainers are watching this list :) I'm one of them.

It looks like John gave a nice thorough answer for most things, so I
won't repeat his responses.

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:
> Anyone using MobileOrg on iOS?  I can't figure out how to set it up from
> the documentation -- I think I'm missing something.  I have a number of
> questions:
>
> 1. What needs to be setup for the first time push from Emacs to the
> Dropbox Apps/MobileOrg directory?

You will need to define org-mobile-directory, using Dropbox the correct
default setting is: "~/Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg"

For example, I have

 (setq org-mobile-directory "~/Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg")

in my config.

Then you can org-mobile-push to stage your files in this location.

You should not manually create any folders in Dropbox.

> 2. What should the results of the first time push be that I should check
> to ensure that it worked?

Your org-agenda-files will be staged and an index.org file and
checksums.dat will be created.

> 3. What is MobileOrg looking for in the Dropbox directory?

MobileOrg needs to be authorized as a dropbox app, this step will create
the correct path.

> 4. What do I need to configure in MobileOrg?
>
> 5. What will MobileOrg put back in the Dropbox directory?
>
> 6. What do I need to do to get Emacs to pull from the Dropbox directory?

org-mobile-pull will pull in changes.

> And so on.  Are the maintainers of MobileOrg watching this mailing list?

A while back I outlined basic troubleshooting steps that should help:
https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/wiki/Troubleshooting

Feel free to contact me directly with questions or hop in #mobileorg on
freenode irc if that's better for you.

I started work on an improved documentation site, but it needs an
overhaul to be easier for others to contribute.

--
-sean