[O] Publish project alist in org-mode 8 - confusing documentation

From: Gez
Subject: [O] Publish project alist in org-mode 8 - confusing documentation
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:00:47 +0000

Can someone give me some hints for how to set up a publishing project in org-mode 8?  Am I right in thinking that I can't use easy customization to set up a publish project alist?

I've been reading various links such as

http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-overview.html
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html

and even

http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-docstrings.html and
http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/org-element-docstrings.html

but since I'm not at all a power user I find myself rather lost.  I generally rely on the customization browsers to do most of my configuration.  I do sometimes edit .emacs manually but normally closely following an example. I'd really like to set up a project based on the worg tutorial at

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html

but I don't know where to begin adapting it to the new export framework.

For example, I'd be very grateful if someone could "translate" the following (or something more simple) into org-mode 8 version, so I can start evaluating and playing with it.

(require 'org-publish)
(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(
("org-notes"
 :base-directory "~/org/"
 :base-extension "org"
 :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
 :recursive t
 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
 :headline-levels 7
 :auto-preamble t
 )
("org-static"
 :base-directory "~/org/"
 :base-extension "css\\|js\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|pdf\\|mp3\\|ogg\\|swf"
 :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
 :recursive t
 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
 )
("org" :components ("org-notes" "org-static"))
      ))

Many thanks!
Gez
Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.5h-30-gdd810b-elpa
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)