[O] analog of org-element-at-point for objects?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] analog of org-element-at-point for objects?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 20:25:48 -0400

Is there an easy way to to get the object at point? I found org-element-at-point, but what I need is to determine if point is on a link of a particular type, and links appear to be objects rather than elements.

an alternative solution for me would be how do you move point to the beginning of a link (if it is on a link)? I found org-next-link and org-previous-link, but neither of these move you to the beginning of the current link. Then, I could use org-element-link-parser, but that only works with point at the beginning of a link.

The reason I was looking into this is here: http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2014/03/07/Storing-label-links-in-org-mode/

It just seems there must be a better way than I implemented. thanks!

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F