Re: [O] words starting with call_ confuse C-c C-c and export

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] words starting with call_ confuse C-c C-c and export
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:44:31 -0600

> Hello,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> We're talking about function names, not free-form text, so limitations
>>> are understandable. For example, macro names only allow alphanumeric
>>> characters or hyphens and have to start with an alphabetic character.
>>
>> Having considered this, unless there are user objections I'd be happy
>> limiting function names to the same restricted alphabet as macro names.
>>
>> This would be a breaking change though, and should be mentioned as such
>> in the notes.
>
> Once you have settled for a regexp (do you want to include "/"
> character?), please let me know, I'll update org-element accordingly.

Is "/" allowed in macro names?  I think the biggest benefit here is
unification between macro and function names.  Is there a macro name
regexp which could be used directly (to ensure that these two stay
unified)?  I don't see one, so I expect we'll want to add an
org-babel-function-name regexp along the lines of "[a-zA-Z0-9\-\/]+".
This would then be used in the following variables.
- org-babel-src-block-regexp
- org-babel-src-name-w-name-regexp

And the following functions should be updated to ensure that the name
only includes the allowed characters.
- org-babel-named-data-regexp-for-name
- org-babel-named-src-block-regexp-for-name

Does this sound about right?

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte